ORGANIC PASSIONFRUIT - 2021 HARVEST
Non-GMO . Certified Organic (USDA & CCOF) . Vegan . Fresh Picked . Hand-Harvested . California Grown
. . . .
This seasonal release of certified organic Passionfruit is out of this world delicious. Passionfruit is a wonderful addition to seltzer and cocktails or can be topped over ice cream, yogurt, and added to salads. If you're an avid baker, Passionfruit packs a flavorful punch to cakes, frostings, and fillings.
Our favorite way to enjoy them is to delicately slice in half and eat right out of the rind with a spoon. Seeds are also edible and add a lovely fun crunch to anything they're added to!
This is a SEASONAL offering. Shipping September - October only.
- FREE SHIPPING!
- 1LB Box: averages between 6-10 fruit
- 3LB Box: averages between 18-30 fruit
- 6LB Box: averages between 36-60 fruit
- Add handwritten gift card - $4
- Slight discoloration is normal
- Multiple address shipping available if sending to others
- PERISHABLE - Shipping not available for PO Box addresses
- NO peanut, soy, wheat, dairy, or other food-based allergens are used in our processing equipment
- ALLERGY - packed in a facility which processes organic walnuts/pecans
Passionfruit is loaded with antioxidants, Vitamin C & A, beta carotene, and dietary fiber. They contain a low glycemic index and are rich in polyphenols.
HOW TO STORE & RIPEN
Please open immediately upon arrival. Our fresh organic Passionfruit can be kept in a bowl on the counter out of direct sun, uncovered, and at room temperature to ripen.
Fruit with smooth skin is not quite ready, though will be very tart and have more liquid (some people really like them at this stage). Once they start to dimple, they're ready to enjoy, so keep an eye on them!
You can also store ripened pulp/seeds in a separate container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Please email us within 24hrs if you happen to notice any defects or issues relating to your order at firstname.lastname@example.org. You're always welcome to reach out with any questions as well!